Concept Number: *567
English Master: Softect
Synonyms, Variations & Acronyms: IT-Architect
Background: “The Softect is a necessary Function in a large Software-Engineering environment, in which there are many specialist Software-Engineers. The Softect is the necessary synchronization and co-ordination Function for the many specialized engineers and builders. The Softect presumes that the software must be designed, and is only concerned with finding a technical Solution set which will satisfy the multiple conflicting objectives of the user as well as possible. … The Softect is also a specialist Software-Engineer, the specialty being overall control of a Complex Engineering Process.” [Gilb88, p. 258] The term “Infotect” (*568) was also coined to describe the information System architect in the same book.
• Softecture *566 the activity performed by a softect.
• Architecture *192 (noun), *499 (Process) , the Generic Process done by the specialist in software
• Systecture *564 an activity that must co-ordinate and set Constraints for the softect
• Systect *565 a person who co-ordinates the softect, by considering a higher Level of the System Architecture and Requirements .
• Designer *190 a Softect is a specialist Type of designer.
This Concept entered by Diane O'Brien.