• an Evolutionary Process,
• using practical Principles,
• in order to determine and identify the Means
• to deliver the best achievable Performance and Cost-Levels balance,
• for optimal Stakeholder satisfaction,
• in a Complex risk-filled environment.
"The Engineering Method is the use of heuristics to cause the best change in a poorly understood
situation within the available Resources" "Engineering is a risk-taking activity. To control these risks, engineers have many heuristics:
1. They make only small changes in what has worked in the Past,
2. They try to arrange matters so that, if they are wrong, they can retreat, and
3. They feed back Past results in order to improve future performance." "Engineers cannot simply Work their way down a list of steps,
... but ... they must circulate freely within the proposed plan ..."
Prof. Billy V. Koen, Univ. of Austin, Texas [KOEN84, KOEN03]
This Concept entered by Soheir.