Specification-Language & Method
1. Planguage specifically Supports many key aspects of Systems-Engineering including Requirement-Specification, Design-Specification, design Impact analysis, Specification-Quality-Control and Evolutionary-Project-Management.
2. Planguage can however be used much more generally; it has been used successfully to plan such diverse things as family holidays, and multinational aid charity project plans.
Planguage is designed to express ideas about Requirements, designs and plans.
4. Planguage has been developed by Tom Gilb, and is defined in this book. There has been lots of feedback from clients and professional friends. Its general Content is described more fully in both the Introduction and Chapter 1 of this book.
5. The purpose of the Copyright is to avoid being prevented later from using this term by others. Permission to use the term freely is granted herewith when © is acknowledged.
6. If any reader finds the term “Planguage” too “cute”, they may use the more directly descriptive “Planning Language.” I often refer to “Planning Language” Before I introduce the term “Planguage”.
The term “Planguage” occurred to me while watching a ballet with Michael Barishnikov and Susan Farrell at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in the 1980s <-TG.
This Concept entered by Adore Shuko.
Table of contents: