If Percentage-Impact = 30% and Percentage-Uncertainty = ±40%, the overall Impact in percentage terms is usually stated as 30No value assigned. In other words, Percentage-Impact is assessed to vary in practice anywhere between –10% and 70%.
Dual System -> Reliability: 30±40% <- Company Experience ranges from –10% to 70%
Percentage-Uncertainty can be used to identify risks in using Specific-Design-Ideas: the numeric “best case” and “worst case” deviations from the Percentage-Impact-Estimate provides important pointers towards the Level of Risk involved. This can lead to one or more direct actions, if the Risk Level is judged too high. For example (actions):
• to specify a design better
• to change the design itself
• to get more information about the design Impacts
• to write contract Conditions controlling the Impact expected
• to schedule this design for early Elementary-Step delivery (so we can see what it really does).
%.±? “Percentage & Uncertainty”
This Concept entered by Adore.
Table of contents: